HSR: Improving Rail Safety Statewide
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Did you know that about every 3 hours a person or vehicle in California is hit by a train? Or that California leads the nation in annual rail fatalities? These are startling statistics and in just about every case these tragedies can be avoided. September is Rail Safety Month and we've created a new video that highlights some of the steps the High-Speed Rail Authority is taking to improve rail safety statewide.
Governor Brown Visits High-Speed Rail Work
FRESNO, Calif. – Yesterday, while in Fresno, Governor Jerry Brown visited California High-Speed Rail construction and thanked workers. The governor was able to get an up-close look at the Fresno Trench Project, which is one of seven active construction sites in the Central Valley. For more information on any of these projects please visit BuildHSR.com.
Small Business Newsletter
Sacramento, Calif. – The latest edition of the California High-Speed Rail Small Business Newsletter is now out. In the latest issue read about how 100-year-old property records are keeping one Fresno firm busy, how one woman's nano-business is reducing emissions one tree at a time, and the pre-apprenticeship training that has helped one grad put an end to dead-end jobs. Click here to read the latest edition.
In the News
- From Silicon to… Central Valley? – New America Weekly 9/29/16
- (Column) California's Infrastructure Project Will Change the Nation – Building Trades News 9/16/16
- High-speed rail chips in $713M for Caltrain electrification that could double ridership – Silicon Business Journal 8/9/16
- Cosmopolitan Tavern & Italian Grill Celebrates New Location with Strong Community Support – Fresno Bee 8/2/16
Construction and Road Closure Alerts
- Lane Closures in Madera – 9/27-10/1
- Multiple Lane Closures in Fresno – 9/21
- Road and Lane Closures in Tulare County – 9/12
- Construction to Begin for Overpass in Madera County (Detour Map Attached) – September
- Greyhound Demolition in Fresno – Postponed
Connect With Us
High-Speed Rail: It's Happening
California High-Speed Rail: It's Happening. Check out our newest video that will be airing in DMV offices around the state. You can see more proof that "it's happening" right now at BuildHSR.com.
- Board Meeting Information
- Contracts Currently out to Bid
- Construction & Road Closure Alerts
- Environmental Planning
- Project Sections
- Small Business Program
Tweets by @CaHSRA