STUDY: Increasing Highway Capacity May Increase Traffic Congestion
UC Davis, Calif. – A new study from the National Center for Sustainable Transportation shows increasing high capacity won't likely relieve traffic congestion. In fact, more roadways may actually mean more cars. Read the full report HERE.
VIDEO: Update on HSR Construction in the Central Valley
Fresno, Calif. – Progress is being made on the California high-speed rail project on a number of fronts. Get an update on construction packages 1, 2-3 and 4. Click HERE to see the video update.
NEWS RELEASE: Contract Awarded for Preliminary Engineering and Environmental Services in Northern California
FRESNO, Calif. – The California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority) Board of Directors today approved the awarding of a contract to conduct preliminary engineering and environmental services for the San Francisco to San Jose and San Jose to Merced project sections to HNTB Corporation (HNTB). The two project sections extend approximately 135 miles and will connect the Bay Area to the Central Valley. Read the full news release HERE.
- December 8, 2015 Board of Directors Meeting Agenda
- December 8, 2015 Finance and Audit Committee Agenda
- Pre-Bid Conference for Request for Qualifications for the Vision Plan for High-Speed Rail Stations, December 1, 2015
- Construction Package 2-3 Open House Meetings
- Burbank to Los Angeles Project Section Community Open House Meetings Flyer – Fall 2015
- California High-Speed Rail Authority Enters into Station Planning Agreement with City of Bakersfield
Connect With Us
Click the map to see the proposed alignments for high-speed rail, a closer look at the project sections, and a detailed look at the proposed station sites.
- Board Meeting Information
- Contracts Currently out to Bid
- Construction & Road Closure Alerts
- Environmental Planning
- Project Sections
- Small Business Program
Tweets by @CaHSRA