About Construction Package 1
Construction Package 1 (CP 1) is the first significant construction contract executed on the Initial Operating Section of the high-speed rail program. The CP1 construction area is a 32-mile stretch between Avenue 19 in Madera County to East American Avenue in Fresno County. It includes 12 grade separations, 2 viaducts, 1 tunnel and a major river crossing over the San Joaquin River.
- CP 1 Madera Extension Open House 4/20/16
- CP 1 Community Open House 09/10/15
- CP1 Reunión Comunitaria 09/10/15
- CP 1 Community Open House 06/17/15
- CP 1 Community Open House 05/28/15
- CP 1 Community Open House 04/30/15
- CP 1 Community Open House 05/28/14
- CP 1 Community Open Houses 07/01/14 & 07/02/14
- CP 1 Community Open House 11/13/14
Getting a Job on Construction Package 1
To learn more about job opportunities associated with the project, please visit the design-build contractor's website here: http://www.tpzpjv.com/.
Small Business Participation
The Authority is committed to enhancing benefits for California community businesses and residents during construction of the project. To that end the Authority has set an aggressive 30 percent goal for Small Business participation, which includes goals of 10 percent for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) and 3 percent for Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises (DVBE). To learn more about how to get involved as a Small Business on this project, please visit our Small Business Program web page.
Relocation of State Route 99
Portions of State Route (SR) 99 located within the CP 1 contract limits will need to be realigned to accommodate the high-speed rail project between the existing SR 99 and the Union Pacific Railroad. Additionally, the project will improve traffic operations, reduce congestion, and enhance traffic safety in the region. In January 2013, the Authority signed an agreement with the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) to complete the realignment process.
About the CP 1 Contractors
The Design-Build Contractor
Tutor-Perini/Zachry/Parsons (TPZP), a Joint Venture, is a California-based team with major national and international experience and a history of success on landmark California design-build infrastructure projects. View the design-build contract for CP 1.
The Project and Construction Manager
The joint venture of PGH Wong Engineering, Inc., and Harris & Associate (Wong+Harris) serves as the Authority's eyes and ears on the ground in the Central Valley. Team members, working with the Authority, will provide assurance to the people of California that technical and contract requirements, including costs, are met for CP 1.
Contact the Authority's Central Valley Office at (559) 445-5157 or at email@example.com.
Construction of High-Speed Rail
- About Construction Package 1
- About Construction Package 2-3
- About Construction Package 4
- Construction & Road Closure Alerts
- Community Benefits Agreement
- Contracts Currently Out for Bid
- Design-Build Construction Contracts
- Request for Expressions of Interest
- RFEI for IOS
- Surface Transportation Board